If a recipient’s address is found to be incomplete or incorrect, FedEx will attempt to find the correct address and to complete the delivery, but FedEx assumes no responsibility for our inability to complete delivery under such circumstances. Incorrect postal codes, omitted apartment numbers and former street addresses for recipients who have relocated are examples of addresses requiring corrections. A surcharge may be levied to correct an address. If the correct address cannot be determined or if the recipient cannot be reached, FedEx will attempt to contact the sender for address clarification or instructions to return the shipment. FedEx will not be liable for failing to meet our delivery commitment time for any shipment with an incomplete or incorrect address.
Post Office Box Addresses
Shipments addressed to a post office box are acceptable to certain locations served by FedEx, excluding U.S. destinations and U.S. military post office box addresses such as APO and FPO). The recipient’s name and a valid telephone/fax/ telex number must be included on the Air Waybill. If a valid telephone/fax/telex number is not provided, an address correction special handling fee may be assessed, since additional address research is often necessary.
Total shipment weight is unlimited. The maximum weight per package may be adjusted, but surcharge will be assessed if it’s exceed 68kg per box/carton.
Rates are calculated on the total weight of all packages on one international air waybill. Any fraction of a kilogram is rounded up to the next higher weight break. Such rounding may cause a variance in dimensional weight (volumetric weight) calculations.
Dimensional-weight pricing is applicable on a per-shipment basis to all shipments in customer packaging, Dimensional weight is calculated as follows.
Length x Width x Height (centimetres or inches) divided by 5,000 for centimetres per kg or 305 for inches per kg or 139 for inches per pound
If the dimensional weight exceeds the actual weight, charges based on the dimensional weight will be assessed.
SURCHARGE AND other information
Out of Delivery/Pick-up Area Surcharge
FedEx Express international shipments delivered to or picked up from remote and less-accessible locations are charged an out-of-delivery-area or out-of-pickup-area surcharge. A list of postal codes and cities where these surcharges apply is available here. Remote Area Search>>>
A surcharge applies to any piece, skid, or pallet of a freight shipment that is non-stackable, which means the piece, skid, or pallet cannot be stacked vertically in a safe and secure manner. A pallet or skid is defined as non-stackable if the customer has designated it as such with a sticker, if it has cones or hats on the top, or if it has an obtuse shape.
Fuel Surcharge (BAF/BAS_Bunker Adjustment Factor/Surcharge )
Due to the potential for significant ﬂuctuations in the price of aviation and vehicle fuel, FedEx reserves the right to assess a fuel surcharge on shipments without notice. The surcharge percentage is adjusted monthly, based on the US Gulf Coast Jet Fuel Index, and this percentage is applied to the total transportation charge.
Any such surcharge will be applied in an equitable manner to all shipments having similar characteristics and will be applied for such periods as FedEx may determine necessary
The fuel surcharge for each shipment is assessed on the net freight charge and the following transportation-related surcharges:
- Broker Routing Fee (Broker Select);
- Out of Delivery Area (ODA);
- Out of Pickup Area (OPA);
- Residential Delivery Surcharge (RESI);
- Saturday Delivery (SDL);
- Saturday Pickup (SPU).
Special Handling Surcharge
- Address Correction
- Third Party Consignee Surcharge
- FedEx International Broker Select
- Saturday Pick Up/Delivery
- Indirect Signature Required (ISR) (applicable to U.S./Canada residential destinations with declared value for Carriage less than USD500/CAD500 shipment)
- Direct Signature Required (DSR) (not applicable to U.S./Canada destinations with Declared value for Carriage greater than or equal to USD500/CAD500 shipment)
- Residential Delivery (applicable to US & Canada destinations only). If the ODA Surcharge is applied to a shipment, the Residential Delivery Surcharge will not apply.
- Duty and Tax: If duties and taxes are levied on a shipment and FedEx pays them on behalf of the party responsible for payment, then that party must reimburse FedEx for the duties and taxes themselves, plus a FedEx surcharge that is based upon the type of shipment and its destination. Please contact our Customer Service team for details.
- Declared Value Charge for Carriage
Rates and service quotations will be based upon information provided by customers, but final rates and service may vary based upon the shipment actually tendered and the application of the Conditions. Any fraction of a kilogram exceeding 0.01 kg or 0.51 kg takes the next higher billable weight.
FedEx will not be liable for, nor will any adjustment, refund or credit of any kind be made as a result of, any discrepancy in the rate or service quotation made prior to the actual tender of the shipment and what appears on the actual invoice, unless the rate or service applied at the time of original invoicing is inconsistent with the shipment actually tendered. FedEx does not provide quotations or estimates of customs duties or taxes.
Packing and Marking
All packages must be prepared and packed by the sender for safe transportation, assuming ordinary care in handling. Any articles susceptible to damage as a result of any condition which may be encountered in air transportation, such as changed in temperature or atmospheric pressure, must be adequately protected by the sender. Each shipment must be legibly and durably marked with the name, address and ZIP Code/postal code of the sender and recipient.
Dangerous goods (including dry ice) may not be shipped in FedEx packaging. The shipment of dangerous goods must be in accordance with ICAO requirements. Document No.49 will result in delays due to a rejection of dangerous goods for international transport. You must declare any and all dangerous goods being sent from the United States, to the United States or through the United States in transit on the 24-hour emergency hotline.
Blood, urine and other non-infectious liquid diagnostic specimens will be accepted only when shipped in a watertight primary receptacle and watertight secondary packaging and if not restricted by the destination country.
Refusal or Rejection of Shipments
FedEx reserves the right to refuse or reject a shipment when, in our opinion, the shipment would be likely to cause damage or delay to other shipments, equipment or personnel, or when the carriage of the shipment is prohibited by law or is in violation of any of these Conditions
Blood, urine and other liquid diagnostic specimens containing infections substance or etiological agents are considered dangerous goods (see “Dangerous Goods”). IATA regulations apply. Other blood, urine and liquid diagnostic specimens must be packaged to specific standards that FedEx requires (see “Packing and Marking”).The items listed below are not acceptable for carriage to any international destinations unless otherwise indicated. Additional restrictions may apply depending on destination.
- APO/FPO addresses;
- C.O.D. shipments,
- Human corpses or body parts, cremated or disinterred human remains;
- Explosives - except Class 1.4 to Japan, Germany, United Kingdom and Canada;
- Firearms, weaponry and their parts;
- Foodstuffs, perishable food articles and beverages requiring refrigeration or other environmental control;
- Live insects, animals and plants, including cut ﬂowers (cut ﬂowers are acceptable to selected points in Canada, the United States and other countries but advance arrangements are required);
- Lottery tickets, gambling devices;
- Money, coins (except collectible coins), cash currency, paper money and negotiable instruments equivalent to cash such as endorsed stocks, bonds and cash letters;
- Personal items claiming duty-free entry;
- Shipments being processed under:
• Duty drawback claims unless advance arrangements are made;
• Temporary Import Bonds unless advance arrangements are made;
• State Department Licences
- Hazardous waste, including but not limited to those used hypodermic needles and/or syringes, sharp or medical waste transported for the purpose of disinfection, reuse, disposal or other purposes;
- Wet ice (frozen water), unless in packaging pre-approved by FedEx Packaging Design and Development Department prior to shipments;
- Shipments which may cause damage to, or delay of, equipment, personnel or other shipments;
- Shipments requiring us to obtain any special licence or permit for transportation, importation or exportation;
- Shipments the carriage, importation or exportation of which is prohibited by any law, statute or regulation;
- Shipments with a declared value for Customs in excess of the permitted for a specific destination (see “Declared Value”); and
- Dead animals and animals that have been mounted.
- The declared value for carriage cannot exceed the declared value for Customs as indicated on the Air Waybill.
A storage charge may be applied to a shipment that is unclaimed or otherwise left in a FedEx location for more than forty-eight (48) hours following notice to the recipient or designated broker of the shipment’s availability or of additional documentation required for regulatory clearances. Call Customer Service for details of the current charges.
If a shipment is undeliverable for any reason, FedEx may attempt to notify the sender to arrange for the return of the shipment, if local Customs regulations will allow. If the sender cannot be contacted within five (5) business days, FedEx may place the shipment in a general order warehouse or a customs bonded warehouse or dispose of the shipment in the clearance location.
For shipment returned to the origin, return charges and fees will be assessed to the original shipper, along with the original charges and fees, Also included will be any other charges incurred by us, including, but not limited to, duties, taxes and storage fees, if applicable.
Shipments which cannot be returned due to local regulatory constraints will either be placed in a general order warehouse or customs bonded warehouse or disposed of in the clearance location.
FedEx makes no warranties, express or implied, and expressly disclaim any and all warranties.
If a court of competent jurisdiction holds any provisions of this Standard Conditions of Carriage to be illegal or invalid, the provision shall be automatically severed from this Standard Conditions of Carriage. Any such holdings shall not affect the legality or validity of the remaining provision of this Standard Conditions of Carriage.
- FEDEX IPF: Federal Express International Priority Freight
- FEDEX IEF: Federal Express International Economy Freight
1. FedEx IE Freight:
FedEx International Economy is a time-definite, door-to-door service for shipments of packages from certain international locations to select international destinations.
If time is not critical, delivery by FedEx International Economy Freight is an appropriate solution for international freight, FedEx IEF offers the same reliability, at more affordable rates and with no weight limit. FedEx International Economy Freight service provides you an economical, day-definite, customs-cleared, door-to-door service for shipments greater than 68kg(or 150lbs) destined to major markets in around the world. Transit times are typically 3-6 business days and advance booking is required.
2. FedEx IP Freight:
FedEx International Priority Freight is a time-definite, door-to-door, Customs cleared delivery service for shipments of documents and packages. If you have timeliness requirement of the global express delivery, FedEx International Priority Freight is the ideal solution for your freight delivery. No matter the weight of your large freight shipment, FedEx International Priority Freight (FedEx IPF) will deliver it on time within 2, 3 or 4 business days worldwide.
Its fastest, time-definite, premium airfreight service for international shipments containing unitized, forklift available single pieces or skids above 68kg(or 150lbs), with delivery typically in 2, 3 or 4 business days from China to more than 220 countries in the world
Service Schedule: Monday-Saturday, 9:00-18:00
Package Size and Weight: Packing carton exceeding 274cm in length or 330cm of 1*Length+2*Width+2*Height and exceed 68kg for single package are rejected. Unlimited total shipment weight. All exceeding length or height of package shipment will be surcharged as of special handling.
Special Instructions: Freight must be palletized, stackable, forkliftable, and shrink wrapped and/or banded to a skid.
To lessen the possibility of damage or delay, follow these packaging guidelines
when preparing your express freight shipment:
- Individual pieces over 68kg or 150 lbs must be banded to the pallet with either metal strapping or unbreakable plastic straps applied around the box or skid freight on all sides.
- Hardened containers (plywood, metal) that are not banded must have an exterior lock or clamp (glue, nails and screws are not sufficient).
- Individual batteries are rejected, but products with built-in battery require materials specs and label sticker, and state battery category on the waybill, model and WH value;
- There will be no compensation for delay delivery, the final compensation for actual loss, damage of goods in accordance with the shipment invoice declared value, but the compensation will not exceed 100 USD and it only apply to the goods loss, without freight compensation, no jointly and severally losses compensation, if breakage, damage, partial loss or complete loss cause by inadequate packing, there will be no compensation accordingly.
- Claim period: Abnormal conditions feedback 14 days since the date of receipt of goods, FEDEX will not make any compensation, and we will not deal with it, these express channels does not come with federal insurance, sender can buy insurance or we take out insurance for you;
- Please indicate the commodity HS CODE on the waybill and invoice, all the delays resulting from no statement like this will be responsible by sender.
- The invoice should be stated EORI number for delivery to EU countries, EORI number required stated beside the receives an address on invoice, and must have a prefix "EORI:". For some destination countries, sender shall provide "CNPJ:", "CPF:", "VAT:", "TAX NUMBER", etc. with prefix on invoice where beside the receives or address.